Saturday, May 7, 2011

Help me help Africa!

Awhile back I shared that I am running the Seattle Rock 'n Roll half marathon in June.
This will be my second one, and this time I have the privilege of running with Team World Vision to raise funds for a very worthy cause. 
clean drinking water in Africa.   

  I regularly read a blog called Moments With Love.  Love (that's actually her name) traveled to Uganda this past winter.  She took this photo and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind.  

Can you imagine if you or your family had to get water like this...to DRINK?  That's exactly what these people are doing!  And to see the children...
  
it's heartbreaking.


I often have this picture in my mind when I'm out running...
 and I'm tired...
 and the miles are dragging on.
It almost makes me feel guilty to know that after my run, I am able to go home and gulp down as much clean water as I want. 

YOU can help to make a difference by donating to Team World Vision.  
You don't even have to get up from where you're sitting!  I'll do all of the running, you just have to give your mouse a few little clicks and BAM!  You've helped change lives across the world. :)
Every donation helps, no matter how big or small!  
All of the money will go directly toward building wells to access clean water for people just like the ones in the picture above.  
If you are willing to help, then click on this link and it will take you to to my fundraising page where you can donate online.  
Thank-you in advance for your support!

“Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But I’m afraid He would ask me the same question.” -Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment