I've been reminded once again of how good my life is!!!
Maybe it's the Mother's Day love that's still in the air...I don't know. At our small group last week, we had to rate our life (success, happiness, everything overall) on a scale of 1-10. It was such a good reminder for me to step back and look at the bigger picture.
I SO easily get bogged down by the day to day STUFF.
I SO easily get bogged down by the day to day STUFF.
Stuff like...
Trying tirelessly to keep my house clean...
I have 3 messy boys who make messes around the house every messy day.
I need to chill out about the mess!
{We have a roof over our heads and I love my house. It's warm and comfortable and I have fun decorating it and making memories here.}
Bickering brothers.
{I have 3 HEALTHY boys. I could not imagine my days without the background noise of them playing together. I know how much they love each other and bickering or not, it's awesome to watch their relationships with each other grow.}
Feeding all of these mouths.
{We have more than enough food to eat. I LOVE cooking and baking for my family. Often times someone will tell me "this is the best thing I've ever tasted" when we sit down to dinner...even if it's grody.}
Keeping all of our busy schedules straight.
{We have awesome friends and neighbors and it's always fun to spend time with them. My kids are blessed with great friendships that they will remember forever. I love watching the boys excel in different activities like swimming and soccer, even if it means lots of cruising around town in the swagger wagon.}
Keeping my marriage a priority.
{I am truly married to my best friend and he makes me laugh every. single. day.
Some day it will be just him and me again and even though the thought of my kids being gone makes me start to hyperventilate, I'm excited about the next chapter with Paul.}
Making sure my kids know how much I love them.
{ I am living my dream of being a mom. When my sons are all grown up, I will have no regrets about not giving them enough. They have my 110% and no matter where they are in life, they will ALWAYS know that I love them... times infinity.}
And the laundry...oh, the never ending PILES of laundry!
I could go on. You get the idea.
Instead of letting the little things get the better of me,
I need to remember to take a step back and look at the bigger picture from time to time.
When it really comes down to it, on a scale of 1-10,
my life is a solid 9.999999999.
So, take this friendly reminder and look at YOUR bigger picture today! :)

My big picture is bright as well. Perspective is what it's about. Love you and those wonderful guys!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Congrats to Caleb from Grammy & Grampy on losing the 1st tooth! YOU are a tough dude going through all that wrestling to get a tooth out.
ReplyDeleteAnd the Mother's Day priority perspectives are beautifully written. Recognizing the blessings in the midst of life is truly a lesson of life. You are an amazing and beautiful wife, mother and daughter.... forever loved. The photos are so cute. :-)