This past Saturday afternoon we enjoyed the fall sunshine, the turning leaves, piping hot Starbucks...
and a farm.
There is a Farm Festival every year where nearby farmers graciously open up their fields, barns, and the like so that us city folk can see what life is like in the country.
It's pretty. I like it. And some of you may fall off of your chairs to hear that a part of me would love that life. I was born in Montana after all! It must be in my blood a teeny, tiny little bit. My family there owns a big tractor shop and my aunt's kitchens look out to beautiful fields.
It really is breathtaking. And almost everyone in their town is Dutch and I was brought up to believe that if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much. We need to go back there soon. Do you hear that Montana family? :)
We want to frolic with the cows...like this guy. Hi Mr. Cow.
At one of the farms they were giving horse rides to the kids.
We waited in line forEVER and the entire time I kept thinking, Caleb will love it, Weston will chicken out. He's got a bit of a history with that, but we all just kept acting like it was no big deal. Like we are pretty much regular ol' horse riders who ride horses every day. I made sure he watched how the other kids were getting on and off and especially pointed out how the horses were going nice and slow. This is Weston's 'I'm thinking about something' face.
I sure do love him.
He was watching those horses like a hawk.
Caleb, rearin' and ready to go. Weston, not so sure, but trying to be brave.
And then it was our turn. God orchestrated it so that the big burly cowboy who had been hoisting the kids up on the horses had to step away for a moment. This left a familiar, loving daddy named Paul to put Weston on his horse...and once he was in that saddle, he couldn't have wiped the smile off his face if he tried.
Does this mean he's growing up?
Caleb had a blast too.
ride 'em cowboys!!!
Isaac provided entertainment for all those waiting in line.
It was a really fun fall afternoon.
have a great week!



Awww..I wanna be there with you!
ReplyDeleteIt could be those new boots....
ReplyDeleteFun! The boys look like they had a blast! That's so neat they got to ride horses. And I'm glad you had fun too. :)
ReplyDelete