Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One last dose...

of sunshine!


We recently made a trip to Arizona to visit my mom and David.
Temperatures soared into the 100s and I tried to soak up every little ounce of warmth that I could.
Paul and I agreed that this was definitely "our" kind of vacation.  
Warm weather, an awesome pool, beautiful scenery, time with family, extra hands to help with the kids, all of the cooking and cleaning done for us, and we got to sneak in a date night too!  All of this was thanks to my mom and David who showed us a wonderful time.  They even arranged to have bikes, scooters, and fun toys for the boys to play with while we were there. Caleb thought it was SO cool that he got to ride around the loop in their neighborhood all by himself. 


Here's my mom, Caleb, and Weston out for a ride on the golf course that they live on.






This is the life...
Sipping an iced mocha and looking at fun magazines with my mom.


We celebrated Issac's second birthday a few days early so my mom and David could join in the fun.  I know this cake is laughable compared to other years when I've spent hours decorating, but hey, he didn't seem to mind!


He is TWO in every way...but he does make me laugh and I know the hard part of this phase will be over soon.  He is quickly learning that mommy doesn't play the "let's yell and throw a fit" game! :)  In fact, I think he's advanced and had the terrible two's early because it's been a good couple of weeks since we've had any "issues", so that's good!


The highlight of the trip for the boys was the Sonora Desert books that I made for them to fill out with all kinds of desert facts, maps, lists of desert plants and animals, etc.  KIDDING!!!  I DID make them those books (every opportunity is a learning opportunity! :)) which were grudgingly completed, but without a doubt  their favorite part was all of the fun we had at the pool!  They were swimming around like pros by the end of the trip.


Riding around in Grampy's convertible was a close second.  Not sure why I didn't get any pictures of that.  Oh well, guess we'll have to go back!
Thanks again to my mom and David for a great time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment