Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We're Back!!!

I really hadn't planned to take the entire summer off from blogging...it just sort of happened. In a nutshell, we had a...

GREAT...
Fun...
BUSY...

few months. I'll just leave it at that.



Now, on to current events! Caleb started KINDERGARTEN last week.

Here he is, all dressed up in his school uniform.



This is his buddy Nicholas who also happens to be our neighbor. They are so excited to be in the same class together and it was comforting to me that Caleb already had at least one friend on the first day of school!

The kids were asked to find there "lily pads" to sit on for circle time. Parents were allowed to stay for the first five minutes and then it was time to say goodbye. Can you tell that I didn't want to let go?


A few tears in the hall and then I managed to pull myself together. Luckily Paul was there and the other mom with teary eyes and tissue is my friend Kelley (Nicholas' mom). I think I would have gone into full-on meltdown without them!
So, all in all, the day that I had been dreading for the past 5 years turned out to be o.k. The important thing is that Caleb had a blast and has looked forward to each day since.

Weston and I have enjoyed some good one-on-one time while Caleb has been at school in the mornings. I've been trying to keep busy with fun, new activities for him each day since he will soon be sharing me with his baby brother...

ISAAC JAMES!

We are anxiously awaiting his arrival any day now. I am currently dilated a good 3 cm. and have been having contractions every so often. My Dr. said "ANYTIME"...I'm thinking it will be next week, but I would be perfectly fine with SOONER! Although anytime I feel a contraction that gives me the slightest reminder about what labor feels like, I panic and am fine with waiting. Let's just say I'm NOT looking forward to going through the "beautiful" experience of childbirth again. My heart starts beating fast and my palms get sweaty just thinking about it. I guess this would be a good time to remember the Bible verse that I memorized...

'Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will give you strength, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'
Isaiah 41:10

Let's hope I can remember this when I'm in labor. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. Yay, welcome back!!!! I love these pictures. Caleb is such a cutie and I'm so glad he is liking Kindergarten and the transition was an easy one for him. There will be many more changes in the weeks to come!!! :) Can't wait to see Issac! You will do great and be strong in labor, you always are. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back! Everyone needs a blogging break ;). Good to hear Caleb is liking Kindergarten. Don't worry, I cried too when Stella started. Actually I think I cried her whole first week...ughh...they grow up too fast. Oh and I didn't have the pregnancy hormones to blame it on either ;) Can't wait for your new addition to come! I love his name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD- I am so excited for you. Can't wait to meet Issac. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete