Friday, May 29, 2009

Weston got an owie...

Hi, my name is Weston and I got my first big owie this week. I've had lots of scraped knees and bruises before, but this is the first time that my mom panicked, started crying, called dad, and then rushed us to my Dr.'s office! Boy, was it exciting! What happened was, I climbed up onto the bathroom counter while my mom was getting ready for the day. I like to climb up there, turn the sink on and just splash away, making a huge mess...it's fun! Well, this time I slipped and hit the bottom of my chin really hard on the edge of the counter top. Boy, did I scream! My mom rushed over, picked me up, looked all over my face and in my mouth, but she couldn't find my owie. Then, she tilted my head back and saw underneath my chin...her eyes got HUGE and she whispered something and then started rushing around like crazy! She yelled for Caleb to get his shoes on and she tried to finish getting dressed while she was holding me. I was still in my jammies (which were a little bloody by now), but that didn't seem to matter. My diaper was quite wet too since I had just gotten out of bed and mom hadn't changed me yet, I think she forgot. We ran downstairs and called daddy. Mom started crying as soon as he answered his phone...
"I think Weston needs stitches!"
They decided to call my pediatrician, Dr. Suzuki, and she said to come right in. By now I had stopped crying. In fact, I was trying not to laugh at my mom's messy hair and make-up free face! She never goes out looking like that...it was so funny!
As soon as Dr. Suzuki saw my cut she said that we needed to go to a special room so she could glue it up. Glue? That sounded kind of weird, but my mom sure seemed happy that I wasn't going to need stitches after all. I got to lay on a fancy table while Dr. Suzuki put the special glue on my chin and that was that. I didn't cry at all. Mom kept rubbing my head and telling me that I'm so brave.
I love my mommy.
When we got home, she got me all cleaned up and then we snuggled on the couch to watch Sesame Street together.
Here it is...it looked a lot worse a few days ago. It's healing up quite nicely. Please excuse the boogers in my nose...I hate getting my nose wiped.
And just to reassure you that I am still the same old goofball, here is a video clip.









3 comments:

  1. I just watched the video with Jaxon about 1,000 times and then he raced to get his toy like Weston's and is dancing along with him! I'm so happy that he didn't have to get stitches and it's healing up nicely. Tell Weston he is sooooo brave!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some owie! Great job in being brave Weston. Sure is fun to see Weston and Caleb both being goofballs!! Grammy misses being there with you, and can't wait to come back in just a couple of weeks. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job to the mom and way to be brave Weston! I hate incidents like that, your stomach just drops. Scary. Glad he's OK and that the cut only needed glue, not stitches. :) I love how you wrote it as if Weston was talking, so cute.

    ReplyDelete