Last week Tuesday we went to a Kangaroo farm with Caleb's preschool.
Was it fun?
Let's just say it was cold, raining, muddy, smelly, and filled with various animals...a.k.a. my worst nightmare. However, I put on a happy face for the boys (not really) and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves. Here are some pictures of the smelly, dirty animals!
Here's Caleb, feeding a Llama!
And here is a picture of my boys enjoying the mud!
I think we were the first ones to leave, no socializing with the other moms today! As soon as we got in the car I practically bathed the boys in wet wipes (antibacterial of course!), turned the heat on full-blast, took Caleb's jeans off (they were soaked) and enjoyed the drive home in our warm, cozy, clean car. I know...I have issues! You would think that after having two boys I would be a little more easy-going about stuff like that. Oh well!
On our long drive home, I had lots of time to think about what to make for dinner that night. We still had some good leftover herbs and peppers from hosting our dinner club, so I decided to go to more effort than I normally would on a week night, and make these shrimp enchiladas!
I've been reading some different cooking blogs lately, so I was inspired to take some photos while I cooked!
Here's the peppers, garlic, and tomatillos ready to be roasted in the oven.
And here's what they look like when they're done!
I blended all of these ingredients, plus some others, to make this yummy salsa verde.
Here's the assembled enchiladas ready to bake.
And now they are ready to eat! Paul and the boys agreed that they were a success!
OMG! I seriously am cracking up here by myself! That sounds like my worst nightmare too! At least the zoos here aren't wet, but the "petting animals" part of the zoo is my least favorite thing to do. BUT, if I could come over and have some of those enchiladas afterwards, I just might force myself to do it. Those look soooooooo good!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI laughed about the animals. I'm right there with you, I'm not really keen on animals, especially when they are extra stinky due to rain. :) And Deanna, that meal you made is unbelievable. That picture is totally magazine worthy!
ReplyDeleteps- hope you got the sign and like it. I have a good return policy if not ;) Seriously.
Great job on the enchiladas, Deanna! They look delicious. And that is so great you made your own salsa verde. Glad it turned out well!
ReplyDelete