Last night we hosted our dinner club! We have been meeting about once a month with a group of friends who love to cook. We take turns hosting and the hostess chooses a culinary theme for the evening. We all coordinate recipes and everyone brings different dishes to share. I decided to go with a southwest/fresh-mex theme. All of my recipes came from the Food Network's Bobby Flay. For an appetizer I did a queso fundido (mexican cheese fondu). We used blue corn chips and jicama sticks for dipping. I made a chile relleno with a roasted red pepper sauce for the main course and a Mexican slaw to go on the side. Julie made a saffron rice and yummy shrimp quesadillas with a cilantro pesto, and Ginger made a tres leches cake (garnished with chocolate ganache and strawberries) for dessert. YUM!!! The chile rellenos were a ton of work, but everything was worth it! It was a fabulous dinner and I think we are all still full from it today!On To Mother's Day...
What a day!
Also, a few days ago at Caleb's preschool we had a Mother's Day Tea! Here he is with the pretty flower that he made for me.

What a fun Mother's Day with your boys! That dinner (and dessert) looks amazing. I love all the pics of the boys, they are getting so grown up!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Everything looked so good...and mexican is my favorite!!! I'd be right over if I lived close! I love the mosaic's you did...how cute!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dinner. Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. The table looks lovely too.
ReplyDeleteAbout Mother's Day - what a blessing to watch you be such an incredible mom! It is beautiful to see you so graciously pass on your faith (and Paul too) to Weston and Caleb. The BEST Mother's gift of all is seeing your love of Jesus reflected in your children! We cannot take any "thing" with us to our eternal home - but we can take our children! How grateful I am that our family will be together for eternity - how awesome is that?!! Love, MOM
Ummm...seriously(??!!) that dinner looks AMAZING!!!! Yum. I'm so glad you had a great Mother's day. Cute, cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteps - It's time, I need your address! Yay! You can email it to me, or facebook it. :)