Tuesday was THE most beautiful spring day here!
(Today, not so much, but that's Seattle for ya)
We finished all of our school work with some time to spare so I decided to pack us all up and head down to a really neat trail near our house for a hike. I think the boys could have stayed there forever. There was enough dirt, rocks, sticks and trees to fulfill all their boyish dreams.
The trail runs along a creek/stream and we discovered the perfect place to stop and play by the water.
It was a great reminder for me to let my boys be boys. To embrace the mud, dirt, and bugs that come along with all three of them and to remember that this is what their childhood is all about!! I want them to look back and have great memories of outdoor adventures that lasted an entire summer day. Of their mom taking them to cool places just so they could get dirty and wet and find awesome sticks to take home as weapons.
Weston, especially LOVES being outdoors. This is kind of a new thing for him. He will often head outside all by himself to climb a tree, make a rope swing, or rub sticks together hoping for just one spark.
{love him}
Isaac is still getting used to the feeling of mud in his shoes. I'm sure his big bros will have him trained for outdoor survival in no time.
It was the perfect hike.
We're looking forward to many more dirt-filled summer adventures to come!
Sooo much fun! Wish grammy could have been there too. I could almost hear Isaac fretting over a bug and the dirt in his shoes. Yup - it won't take him long to get used to it and soon you will find bugs and snakes in their pockets and under their beds. Eeeeek!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute boys and so much fun!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete