I recently left you all hanging about this special night.
Here is some background information to bring you up to speed.
It was the eve of Halloween and things were feeling spooky.
I had just hosted a party with a bajillion kids and my house was covered in orange frosting and candy wrappers. The dinner hour was quickly approaching and since I had not made it to the grocery store that day, I had NOTHING planned for dinner.
The hour of trick-or-treating was also quickly approaching.
What was I to do?!
We didn't even have time to eat out before we were to meet up with friends for the evening's festivities!
Weston came up to me in the midst of my turmoil and asked what we were having for dinner.
I lovingly gazed at him and asked, "I don't know buddy. What are you making us?"
His eyes twinkled and his mind began churning.
"Can I really make dinner?" he asked.
Why yes. Yes, you can.
So, with great care and excitement, he began.
The amount of love and effort that he put into this meal completely overshadowed the fact the my apple slices were sitting in a pool of ranch dressing and ketchup.
And, I don't know about you, but a fresh garden salad sprinkled with candy corn is
surprisingly DELIGHTFUL!
And, I don't know about you, but a fresh garden salad sprinkled with candy corn is
surprisingly DELIGHTFUL!
He sure is special.
He brings so much joy and laughter to our family. I could not imagine my days without him.
And TODAY, despite my protests, he turns five.
happy birthday weston!!!
you are an awesome gift from God and i cannot wait to see the plans that He has for you!!!!
He brings so much joy and laughter to our family. I could not imagine my days without him.
And TODAY, despite my protests, he turns five.
happy birthday weston!!!
you are an awesome gift from God and i cannot wait to see the plans that He has for you!!!!

I love Weston's curls!!! ginger
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! What a cutie! Can't wait to see all the boys at Christmas!!! It can't come soon enough!!
ReplyDelete