Well folks, we survived.
Last weekend we went camping with our Life Group (our small group from church). It was our first venture out into the wild with our three boys.
I'm not really a "camping" kind of girl, so we originally planned to only go for one night while the rest of our group was going for two. Not to mention, we have a 1 year old who has no fear and needs to be watched like a hawk every second. However, Paul came home early on Friday. I basically had all the packing finished and the house was clean (I would probably need counseling if I had to go out of town with a messy house). So we started throwing around the idea of heading out on Friday night. As soon as the boys caught wind of this, there was no turning back! I told Paul that as soon as I took one last shower we could head 'em up and move 'em out!
The verdict...
it was a great weekend!
It was a beautiful, warm spot in Eastern Washington. The boys rode quads while I got tan. We had great food, fun times hanging out together, and the boys will remember this forever. Did I mention that our air mattress went flat after 5 minutes AND we forgot pillows? In the middle of the night Paul rolled over and mumbled "the mattress went flat". Um...no duh, I'm sleeping on pure rock, but thanks. Also, there wasn't a drop of running water in site. Just 12 adults and 14 kids with one trusty little outhouse. Yep, fun times.
No, but really, it was all worth it to make this memory for my family.
My hubby cooked me breakfast out of the back of our car. Does it get more romantic?
When the quads weren't in use, Isaac was sitting on them.
He liked to make engine noises and pretend that he was feeling the breeze...
One of the big highlights for the kids was watching the movie Cars projected onto the side of a trailer while the grown-ups sat around the campfire.
I have a feeling that with three boys, this will just be the first of many camping trips...and the biggest surprise of all is I'm o.k. with that!!!!










so glad you all had so much fun! looks like the boys had a blast! love the vintage look to the pics btw...very cool!
ReplyDeleteWow!! looks like it was an epic (to borrow Caleb's vocab:) camping trip! So glad you had a great experience and got some sun. Glad you guys are getting some practice camping b/c it's one of our favorite things to do and sometime soon we should go together!
ReplyDeleteGlad you and your boys had fun! Those pictures of Issac on the quad are so cute!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete