Saturday, October 17, 2009

ISAAC JAMES IS HERE!

Isaac made his big arrival on Sunday, September 27 at 11:36 am.
Weight: 8 lbs. 11oz. Height: 20 inches

We are all in LOVE with our precious new boy.

So far, he has been very mellow and easy going. He definitely likes his milk!!! My other boys were this way too, so I'm no stranger to spending hours a day nursing. I know that these are precious hours that I will remember forever.

Caleb and Weston are AWESOME big brothers. I was a little nervous about how they (especially Weston) would deal with the new arrival, but they have been gentle, loving, and proud of their little bro.
I LOVE MY BOYS!!!

Paul went back to work last Monday, our stream of company ended and the many, many meals from our great friends were pretty much gone. So... this was my first "normal" week on my own with all three kiddos. Thankfully it went really good, even better than I could have hoped for. It felt great to get back into the swing of things (carpool, cooking our own dinners, etc...). I feel mostly recovered from the whole childbirth experience...now if little Isaac would just sleep for longer than these 3 hour stretches at night, we would be in business! I'm not complaining though...I'm just SO glad that he is here with us! I am blessed more than I EVER could have imagined. I am overwhelmed when I take a moment during these crazy days to look at my amazing boys and know that God has given them to little old me (and Paul :)) to raise. Here are a few more pictures of our first few weeks with baby Isaac...and there will be lots more to come since he seems to by growing so fast already!


Grammy and Weston with Isaac on our first day home from the hospital.

My mom and David were a HUGE help with the boys and around the house. Mom, after you left Paul said that he missed taking off a pair of jeans and finding them washed and folded on our bed a couple hours later! THANK-YOU!!!

UNCLE BRAD!!
I don't know what we would have done without him! He was such a huge help with the boys during my last week of pregnancy, taking care of them during Isaac's delivery, and our first week back at home. Yes, he was here for awhile...what a devoted Uncle!

Who else would fly up from California with a mohawk just to be cool for his nephew (who already thinks Uncle Brad is THE coolest)?! My boys are lucky to have him...and AUNTIE LISA!!

She was able to fly up when Isaac was just 5 days old. She got the boys these matching shirts, from Gymboree of course! Isaac's says 'Little Bro'...so cute!


My mom has a tradition of writing a poem and framing it for each of our boys.
Thank-you Grammie!


We hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures! I can't believe how big he is getting and how much he has changed! Can't wait to catch up soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so sweet. I'm glad you're getting in to the swing of things. He's perfect! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac is so adorable! I hope to meet him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, what a great post!!! all the pic's are precious...wow, boys!!! And I LOVE the name Isaac, we have a nephew named Isaac too!! :) Congrats on the new blessing from above!

    ReplyDelete