We pretended that it really felt like Spring outside...it was sunny, but still only 40 degrees. I ran with Weston in the jogger, Caleb rode his bike and much to Paul's dismay, he ended up running most of the way too... just to keep up with Caleb! Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, but I did capture Caleb resting in a sunny spot on the playroom floor when we got home.
Baked cupcakes for a friend's baby shower!
I used a buttermilk cupcake and lemon cream cheese recipe from my favorite Gourmet cookbook. This time I tried piping on the frosting instead of spreading it with a knife. The blueberries and rasberries were my attempt at adding some pink and blue (she doesn't know if she's having a boy or a girl). The recipe was a success and I enjoyed spending Sunday afternoon at the shower with my great girlfriends from church!
Earned a special treat!
Caleb counted to 100 on Saturday! Paul mentioned that he should get something special for his accomplishment. Later that night after I had tucked Weston in, I discovered that Paul and Caleb had a secret plan. It was time for Caleb to be getting in bed, but instead I found him putting his coat on over his pajamas with a huge smile on his face. He informed me that he and dad were going to the store so that he could pick out an ice cream treat! I have to wonder if this was really because he counted to 100, or if Paul just wanted ice cream. They came home with chocolate drumsticks...two happy boys.
Ate sticky waffles!
Some of you already know this, but every Saturday morning my wonderful, amazing husband lets me sleep-in! That's right, even though he gets up early and goes to work all week long he still gets up with the boys and makes them yummy waffles or pancakes while I have the joy of laying in bed as long as I want! I love it! And the boys love breakfast with Dad, and Paul loves this tradition that he's started with his boys, and they all love that they get a happy mom when I wake-up rather than a grumpy mom (I'm not a morning person)...it's really a win-win situation for all of us! Here is Weston enjoying the syrupy goodness!
We had a great first weekend of Spring and we hope that you did too!
hey sis! love the update! i'm cracking up about paul and the ice cream...too funny. the boys are just too cute!
ReplyDeleteand your cupcakes look yummy...mmmmmm...
those cupcakes look so good! hope you got to enjoy one or two of them. :) tell caleb "way to go" from us, very impressive!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYeah, those cupcakes look and sound so good! I love that your husband makes breakfast for the family on Sunday. Sean does the same in our house...can't say I get to sleep in, because one of the 3 kids always finds their way to me, but it's still nice not having to cook. Oh, and we eat waffles too!! :)
ReplyDeleteps - i haven't forgotten your sign btw, just waiting on my husband to cut the board.
This is really so awesome. It feels like we are a part of your daily life and routines. (Although I was very much aware of the wonderful treat that Paul gives you every Saturday morning with a sleep in day!!) Isn't it great to know our husbands love us sooo much?!! They go the extra mile, over and over. The cupcakes do look delicious!! And I'd love to give that sticky syrupy face a big grammie kiss. Love you much. mom
ReplyDeleteHow sweet, thanks for sending me the link! :) Those sure look good...I could use one of those right about now!
ReplyDelete