Thursday, April 28, 2011

Surprise! I'm back...

I could give a million excuses on why it's been so long.  But I won't bore you.

There have been some BIG events over the past couple of months.  
The biggest by far... the birth of my niece.


As promised, I hopped on the first plane to San Jose and I made it to the hospital before she was born!
I was sweating bullets out in the waiting room... the combo of being SO excited for Maya to be born, yet knowing the suffering that Lisa was going through was almost too much!  After 17 hours of NATURAL labor the angels were singing (and I was bawling) as Maya arrived into this world!  

the moment I had been waiting for!

I was so proud of Lisa. 
 After going through natural labor three times (not to toot my own horn :)), I was feeling her pain.  I will be grateful to my sis forever, for bringing this amazing, sweet girl into our lives. 

the happy family!

I felt so blessed to be one of the first ones to welcome Maya into the world, and it was so, so, so hard to leave her.  Luckily I knew she would be in good hands! :)

They flew up for Easter this past weekend.  Here she is at 10 weeks.  Look at all of her hair!

It was so fun to have her (and Brad and Lisa :)) here for a few days.  I dream of living closer to them so we can watch our kids grow up together...maybe some day!
The boys love Maya, although Isaac was a little concerned by how much I was holding her!


Here are some family pictures from Easter!



That's all for now.
I promise to be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures Deanna! I can't get over how much Isaac looks like Weston when he was little! Congrats on the birth of little Maya- she is adorable!

    Kari Termont

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overwhelmed by the great blessing God has given us of family! It's so amazing to see the photos of all of you together - loving each other and enjoying the gift of your children and each other. May Jesus Christ be praised at this special time of Easter celebration.

    ReplyDelete