I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was action-packed and to be honest, I was totally exhausted and not feeling well the entire time.
But, the boys had fun and that's what matters, right? Right!
We kicked things off on Saturday by getting up at 4:00am to catch the red-eye to Friday Harbor (had to beat the crowds). My mom and David were already there and had a nice breakfast waiting for us at the place where they were house-sitting. Then we headed out to our 'home' for the weekend. One of my mom's good friends let us stay in their amazing waterfront cabin. This is what we looked out to...
But, the boys had fun and that's what matters, right? Right!
We kicked things off on Saturday by getting up at 4:00am to catch the red-eye to Friday Harbor (had to beat the crowds). My mom and David were already there and had a nice breakfast waiting for us at the place where they were house-sitting. Then we headed out to our 'home' for the weekend. One of my mom's good friends let us stay in their amazing waterfront cabin. This is what we looked out to...
We had this beautiful beach all to ourselves! The boys had a blast exploring and gathering various "collections" that "unfortunately" got left behind. We're talking dead shrimp and various crab parts, not pretty seashells and pebbles! There was no way these smelly things were coming home with us.
On Sunday we headed into town to watch the parade. It was a little loud for Isaac...
Also, it was right during his nap time. Poor guy...he's such a trooper!
Caleb and Weston had fun getting tons of candy and every time Caleb got a Tootsie Roll he gave it to me. He knows how much I love them...what a sweetie!
After the parade I was forced to take a nap due to the exhaustion mentioned above. My mom took my camera and got some good pictures of her and David with the kids.
I think she needs a new DSLR (are you reading this David?) :).
Here's Grampy and Isaac.
And Grammy with the boys...
If you were to ask Caleb or Weston what their highlight of the weekend was,
they would definitely say this...
Or possibly this...

On Sunday we headed into town to watch the parade. It was a little loud for Isaac...
Also, it was right during his nap time. Poor guy...he's such a trooper!
Caleb and Weston had fun getting tons of candy and every time Caleb got a Tootsie Roll he gave it to me. He knows how much I love them...what a sweetie!
After the parade I was forced to take a nap due to the exhaustion mentioned above. My mom took my camera and got some good pictures of her and David with the kids.
I think she needs a new DSLR (are you reading this David?) :).
Here's Grampy and Isaac.
And Grammy with the boys...
If you were to ask Caleb or Weston what their highlight of the weekend was,
they would definitely say this...
Or possibly this...

It was nice to be on the island for a few days and good memories were made!
Now on to more summer fun, especially if this sunshine sticks around!












What great pics. I'm glad you had a fun weekend. Those powerwheels look awesome, Jaxon would love those too! Are those anchor sweatshirts from FH? So cute, I'm sure my mom would love to buy those for her grandkids. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was a great week-end! Thanks for coming up. I know it's a lot of work with 3 little ones to make the trek with all the supplies etc. they need. The photos are great and you are right.... new memories to carry through the years.
ReplyDeleteLove,
mom