Caleb's a first grader now!
He had his Kindergarten graduation (do all schools do those these days? ) last weekend. I must admit that I thought it was going to be a little bit silly when I heard that they would be wearing cap, gown, and all...but it was actually pretty cute.
My favorite part was that all the kids said what they wanted to be when they grow-up...in a microphone...in front of an auditorium full of people. Yikes! They all did great. Especially Caleb...my heart was bursting and I had to stop myself from running up on stage to give him a huge squeeze as he loudly declared;
"when I grow up, I am going to be in the army"
and I dramatically wailed from the audience:
"Noooooooooooooooooooo! Don't ever leave me!".
Just kidding... but I wanted to.
Caleb is sure going to miss his wonderful teachers, Mrs. Trosvig and Mrs. Cruzan.
Caleb is sure going to miss his wonderful teachers, Mrs. Trosvig and Mrs. Cruzan.
I could not have asked for him to have a better year.
And now, just for fun, here is a photo of Caleb and Nicholas (our neighbor and one of Caleb's very best buddies) on the first day of school...
...and on the last.
And now, just for fun, here is a photo of Caleb and Nicholas (our neighbor and one of Caleb's very best buddies) on the first day of school...
...and on the last.
Now on to summer vacation!!!






I was so excited to see these pictures, I've been watching every day. How precious. Maybe a Grammie has as much pride as a mom - could that be? We are so proud of Caleb and how well he is doing in school and getting ready for 1st grade! Congratulations Caleb. We love you Grammie and Grampie
ReplyDeleteI too, am a proud grandmother. Atta boy, Caleb!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! Time just goes way too fast. I'm glad he had a great year with great friends. So fun to see you guys the other day and will soon again I hope! xoxo Who knew my parents had a google account?!?! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Caleb! Hard to believe he'll be in 1st grade next year. :) And it's amazing how much more grown-up he looks now as opposed to the beginning of the year! Thanks for sharing the pics! --Auntie Andrea
ReplyDelete