As many of you know, Isaac was born with a small growth on the back of his head. After having both an MRI and a CT Scan, the numerous doctors that we've met with are still unable to give it a name. The good thing is they are quite confident that it is benign and nothing to be too worried about. However, after getting multiple opinions (I was waiting for one of them to give me the answer I wanted...didn't happen) they have encouraged us to go ahead with surgery and have it removed. This way it won't interfere with the development of his skull and they will be able to test it and hopefully confirm that it is simply a very rare birth mark.
I feel nervous about having this done since he is still so little, but the doctors assure us that this is actually one of the easiest times to proceed. He will go under full anesthesia and the procedure should take 1-2 hours. They will be removing the actual growth, as well as a soft tissue mass under the skin.
I keep reminding myself that this is a relatively minor surgery compared to what some kids have to go through. But, of course as his mom I feel horrible about putting him through any kind of discomfort. Please keep our sweet Isaac and the doctors who will be performing the surgery in your prayers this week and especially on Wednesday.
I feel nervous about having this done since he is still so little, but the doctors assure us that this is actually one of the easiest times to proceed. He will go under full anesthesia and the procedure should take 1-2 hours. They will be removing the actual growth, as well as a soft tissue mass under the skin.
I keep reminding myself that this is a relatively minor surgery compared to what some kids have to go through. But, of course as his mom I feel horrible about putting him through any kind of discomfort. Please keep our sweet Isaac and the doctors who will be performing the surgery in your prayers this week and especially on Wednesday.
Thank-you!!!
Of course you and your family will be in my prayers on Wednesday and always. I hope the surgery and recovery go as smootly as possible. I love those cute little tootsies!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh he is so precious!!!!! How did the surgery go?!
ReplyDelete