It's official...we are having SUMMER WEATHER! It was 87 degrees here today!!! I love it. The boys and I went to preschool this morning and then headed straight to the beach to meet some friends. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but I have been taking some pictures of our fun in the sun right here at home.
Paul and Caleb have been making some weather themed "science experiments". A windmill out of plastic cups and a solar oven, which turned some cheese nice and greasy, but wasn't quite hot enough to toast an English muffin.
I have been working hard to keep my plants alive. I love a nice yard, but I am definitely still learning what to plant where. Hmmm... maybe I should actually read the little tags that come with each plant instead of just buying what looks pretty and hoping for the best! I've actually improved quite a bit from last summer. One of these days I'll be a master gardener!
The warm weather has also inspired me to bake some yummy summer-time favorites! This is a Brown Butter Raspberry Tart.
The boys even wanted to have it for breakfast the next morning...let's just say the entire thing was gone in less than 24 hours. What can I say? My boys like to eat...including the one in my tummy! :)
Which reminds me...for those of you who don't know yet, we did find out that baby number three is a...
BOY!!!
We are all very excited that God is blessing us with three precious boys.
We hope that you are enjoying some beautiful weather wherever you are!
Have a great day!
I'm so glad you guys are getting some nice, warm weather! It looks like the boys are definitely enjoying it. The raspberry tart looks super yummy. I wish we lived closer so I could come over and eat all your leftovers!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteOK, that tart looks awesome. And the fact that it has butter in the name, I just know it's good ;) Yum. Your gardening looks great! I'm like you, love to do it, but I have no clue where to put what...one day.
ReplyDelete